[Libre-soc-dev] todo tasks

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 10 22:18:52 BST 2021

On Monday, May 10, 2021, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm currently writing the vector-math library for Kazan and Rust std::simd,
> maybe I can help after that?

that'd be really good.

btw there's some quite technical deep-dive nmigen augmentations needed, and
an associated RFC to write before we can do Elwidth overrides using SIMD.

that is a VERY intrusive change even to the pseudocode: all occurrences of
"63:NN" in the *pseudocode* have to be replaced with XLEN-1 where XLEN is
defined to 64 for straight operation.
argh now i think about it we need a target XLEN and a source XLEN.

in addition to that, a new in-order variant of TestIssuer, *might* be
possible to make reasonably straightforward incremental changes (after
taking a copy)

exceptions need finishing, unit tests to be added.

MMU needs review and tests, plus exceptions, then documentation.

one thing i am looking forward to, the crypto-router proposal, to implement
the bitmanip operations.