[Libre-soc-dev] "fixed a bug"

Tobias Platen libre-soc at platen-software.de
Fri May 7 16:57:16 BST 2021

On Thu, 2021-05-06 at 05:10 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> ave no idea what bug.  commit messages need to explain what was done
> rather than state the action that was taken.
>
> it can be only a few words, "missed a +1 in variable in mmu.py"
>
> "fix bug" is only helpful if you provide a link *to* the bug and have
> described that bug in the actual bugtracker.
>
> please make sure to follow the development practices so that other
> people reading the commit messages know what is going on.

I compared src/soc/fu/spr/main_stage.py with src/soc/fu/mmu/fsm.py and
found out that there was an inconsistent behaviour of those modules.
The value that should be saved to the regfile is a_i and not the spr
number.

The commmit message should be something like this:
"save a_i to regfile, not spr number"
I still assume that src/soc/fu/spr/main_stage.py is correct.

- comb += spr1_o.data.eq(a_i)
+ comb += spr1_o.data.eq(spr)

Tobias