[Libre-soc-dev] complex numbers as matrices

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jun 26 13:09:34 BST 2021

On 6/26/21, Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> Are we still running short of opcode space?

scalar v3.0B is already well over 200.

3D, tanscendentals, predication, and general "fixing" of Power ISA
because of the faulty assumption "VSX is always available therefore FP
to INT does not have to be added", plus bitmanip suitable for
cryptographic use and others, comes to an alarmingly high additional
80+

adding yet more for complex numbers when we haven't got more than one
person actually working on actually implementing anything would seem
extremely unwise.

perhaps if someone else started helping with the implementation then
adding more things could be considered.