[Libre-soc-dev] IIT Roorkee 2021 OpenPOWER Workshop,

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:54:43 BST 2021

What bandwidth of SERDES would be presently achievable with current limitations on cost, power, geometry?

I wonder whether we could get an OMI-lite version of the spec. which could still replace our DDR phy, et cetera?  (Expand multi-processor options or high-speed peripheral interface options.)

It seems like a breath of fresh libre air amidst all these proprietary high-speed interconnects like DDR, Infiniband, HBM.