[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 20dec2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Dec 21 05:26:12 GMT 2021

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 5:07 AM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I attended the every-other-Monday Rust Project Portable-SIMD meeting
> earlier today; I mentioned how SimpleV is where you can have a
> 3-element vector with size 3*el-size and the same alignment as a
> single element, unlike x86 SIMD where you'd have to pack it into a
> 4-element vector and align to the size of the whole vector.

yeah there's an ARM instruction i forget which one specially for doing
3x4 4x3 transpose to "deal" with this.  75% utilisation is the sort of
thing that makes GPU end-users walk away from a product.

> After the meeting, I was busy with some stuff around the house...I'm
> planning on working on ternlog and grev tonight or (more likely)
> tomorrow.

star.  should discuss on tuesday, to get some more done that are on
the PET Programme before the budgets expire, particularly some of
the 3D ones.