[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 07dec2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Dec 7 16:36:17 GMT 2021

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 2:42 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> today i am investigating how to add in ICache at the lowest possible level
> into unit tests, for testing virtual memory (mmu) instruction-load including
> MMU "miss".
>
> unfortunately the I-Cache is linked heavily into the MMU, so i am starting
> with test_loadstore1.py

well, dang me, it actually worked.  there's no "trigger" mechanism yet
for the MMU to be requested to do the PTE lookup so i did it manually
(triggered the MMU manually) and it actually worked.

now the next phase is to attempt to do that job properly, by adding support
for the "OP_FETCH_FAILED" pseudo-instruction.