[Libre-soc-dev] power-instruction-analyzer v0.2.0

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 01:00:39 GMT 2020

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 5:55 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On 10/29/20, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I published v0.2.0 to PyPI and crates.io and created a git tag.
> >
> > I decided to change the version number since Luke was complaining
> > about how not changing the version number made it annoying to update.
>
> i did? oh yes if that goes through automatically to pip3 then yes,
> pip3 will go "nope sorry this is the same version, ain't gonna do it"
> :)

maturin automatically replaces the installed version whenever you run
maturin develop ...

> > I put the generated output json on the ftp server:
> > https://ftp.libre-soc.org/power-instruction-analyzer/output-for-v0.2.0.json.gz
>
> fantastic.   just to check: is that required to operate normally or is
> it only required when running tests?

It's required just for human inspection, not for using
power-instruction-analyzer. Running native instruction tests requires
a POWER9 processor to test against, the file is basically the test
results, containing the calculated results for every test case.

Otherwise, you can run tests/use it on any computer that can compile it.