[Libre-soc-dev] silicon catalyst starting in canada

Staf Verhaegen staf at fibraservi.eu
Sun Oct 18 10:52:50 BST 2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton schreef op zo 18-10-2020 om 00:58 [+0100]:
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:54 AM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > needed help to make this determination. You have given me a
> > clearanswer that this isn't useful or applicable, so thanks for
> > your help!
>
> what's useful is that silicon catalyst provide access to resources
> andinformation from people experienced in the industry that will
> helpmake a successful chip.

But are they open source friendly/minded.
Investors typically are not fond of open source based business models
as you typically can't achieve the ROI they have in mind with an open
source business model. Problem with open source is that you will get
competition before you can reach the ROI investors typically want on
their investment. Of course (real) open source developers see this as a
feature and call it community rather than competition but that's not
how investors typically think.

greets,
Staf.