[Libre-soc-dev] silicon catalyst starting in canada

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 01:03:52 BST 2020

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 4:59 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 12:54 AM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > needed help to make this determination. You have given me a clear
> > answer that this isn't useful or applicable, so thanks for your help!
>
> what's useful is that silicon catalyst provide access to resources and
> information from people experienced in the industry that will help
> make a successful chip.
>
> that they've extended to canada means that if we create a startup in
> canada - where subsidies for businesses have just been announced to
> the tune of somewhere around USD $10 billion - we've a route to
> market.

Absolutely! I'll be taking a much closer look at this in the coming
weeks and months, especially since I am (as far as I am aware) our
only Canadian member right now.

I was asking on list, out of ignorance and curiosity, about the
technology of one of their currently 'incubating' companies. I saw the
words 'low power' and my ears perked up like a dog's. Too bad it's not
remotely relevant to us :)

Cole