[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 16oct2020

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 02:10:14 BST 2020

today:
added more instructions to power-instruction-analyzer, then got
waylaid by finding out that the new 379MiB output*.json file is too
big for git to use a diff from the previous file -- previously git had
been doing just fine with a total repo size of just under 3MiB (only
counting .git dir) despite the 127MiB json. I think we should have the
output json file publicly available somewhere since not everyone has a
POWER9 cpu to run it on and since the readily available simulators
I've tested give the wrong results (qemu 2.11.1 and 5.1.0).

The output json files do compress quite well, the 379MiB file
compresses to just 4.3MiB using xz -9

The output json file contains all the test cases and their results, as
well as flags for when results mismatch and at the end a flag for if
any results mismatch.