[Libre-soc-dev] c4m-JTAG dependency issues

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Oct 9 19:47:51 BST 2020

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 6:59 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Luke,
>
> Am I supposed to be installing cocotb from the main developer's repo
> or from https://gitlab.com/Chips4Makers/cocotb/tree/dev_wishbone?

neither.  from https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=c4m-jtag.git;a=summary

then DO NOT run pip3, DO NOT bother installing dependencies.  the ONLY
THING WE WANT is THAT REPO and NOTHING ELSE.

> How did you get around this Luke? I spent 5 hours last night banging
> my head against this wall... isn't there supposed to be a
> requirements.txt file that has dependency versions specified so this
> doesn't happen?

why are you trying to install all dependencies after i already told
you, last week, just to install c4m-jtag and nothing else?

> @Jacob this is why I love rust ;)

it's nothing to do with rust: it's to do with pip3 being something
that people don't understand how to use (or bypass).