[Libre-soc-dev] JTAG C4M

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Oct 9 17:29:19 BST 2020

On 10/9/20, Staf Verhaegen <staf at fibraservi.eu> wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton schreef op vr 09-10-2020 om 14:18 [+0100]:
>> [core]    repositoryformatversion = 0    filemode = true    bare =
>> false    logallrefupdates = true[remote "origin"]    url =
>> gitolite3 at libre-soc.org:c4m-jtag.git    fetch =
>> +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*[branch "master"]    remote =
>> origin    merge = refs/heads/master    rebase = true[remote
>> "c4m"]    url = https://gitlab.com/Chips4Makers/c4m-jtag/
>>     fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>
> Would you mind renaming your branch to libresoc_master ?

we don't operate in branches in this project (prior experience shows
that they isolate developers and interfere with collaboration)

you should be easily able to do that with an appropriate git config:

[branch "libresoc_master"]
remote=libresoc
merge = refs/heads/master

note that that is branch name *different* from merge ref which is
*not* something that github or gitlabs do for you with their nicey
pretty GUI.

the remote would be:

[remote "libresoc"]
url = gitolite3 at libre-soc.org:c4m-jtag.git

then you can do this

* git fetch -a -r (i think)
* git checkout libresoc_master
  (this should autocreate the association and give you a notice about it)
* git pull libresoc_master
* git push origin libresoc_master

where "origin" for you is gitlabs.  this last command should create a
libresoc_master branch on gitlabs

as long as you do this from the checked-out libresoc-master branch on
your machine it will go fine.

if however you do that push command from your *master* branch it will
all go to s**t so be careful.  it's recoverable (with git push
+libresoc_master) but again be careful.

> I could then
> mirror your repo on the upstream gitlab repo.
>
> It seems I did not add a LICENSE in this repo yet. Plan is to dual
> license it as GPL-2.0-or-later and CERN-OSHW-S-2.0, would that be
> acceptable for upstreaming the libresoc changes ?

yes perfectly fine with me, i agree to the modifications to c4m-jtag
to be dual licensed and am the only copyright holder of those
modifications so have the right to make that decision.