[Libre-soc-dev] All div pipe tests pass

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 05:26:47 BST 2020

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:42 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> or, is that actually what you meant?
>
> that undef(x) *returns* x, thus indicating to readers that the value x
> is "actual POWER9 behaviour but the spec stupidly and dangerously says
> actually you can do whatever you like, here, no really"

That's exactly what I meant, except for leaving out the "stupidly and
dangerously" phrasing.

> that i *am* happy with however i would prefer that the keyword be left
> as "undefined" and for pyparser to detect "undefined" and
> "undefined(x)" and to replace that with an INTERNAL and SPEC INVISIBLE
> call to "undef"

Ok, I'll fix that tomorrow, or you can fix it first if you like. I
mostly just picked "undef" as a word that is different than
"undefined" but means the same thing, so I wouldn't have to add code
to disambiguate.

I also still need to reintroduce all the "undefined"s into the mul
instructions spec since someone else removed them to get the tests to
pass. That will take a whole lot more work since I'll have to compare
the pseudo-code with the spec pdf to find all the "undefined"s we
lost.