[Libre-soc-dev] v3.1B prefix

Alexandre Oliva oliva at gnu.org
Sat Dec 5 20:08:59 GMT 2020

On Dec  5, 2020, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> consequently, the implications are that, even more severely limited as
> it is, the 24 bit v3.1b prefix system is... well... our only realistic
> "least bad" option for now.

Sorry for being dense again, but...  does this imply that 16-bit
compressed-mode is out too?

As in, does it still make any sense for me to get back to the
compression estimator, which I was going to return to as soon as I was
done with email?

Otherwise, any suggestions of something else I might be able to tackle?

--
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker  https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
   Free Software Activist         GNU Toolchain Engineer