[Libre-soc-dev] FOSDEM Scheduling

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Dec 20 12:38:13 GMT 2023

On Tuesday, December 19, 2023, Tobias Platen via Libre-soc-dev <
libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:
> I had a look at the FOSDEM page[1], it looks good to me.yeah
> [1]
https://fosdem.org/2024/schedule/event/fosdem-2024-2060-using-the-ecp5-for-libre-soc-prototyping/

yeah they are quite impressive and exciting to see, aren't they?

a reminder to everyone, to please commit the source code
(latex, images in absolute maximum 1280x800 resolution
preferably 800x600) of your talk to the wiki, and to
then upload a PDF version to pretalx.

you install "texstudio", and press "F5" or i think "F6"
and it compiles *automatically* to a PDF for you, which
is then displayed on the RHS and has integrated navigation,
informs you of errors, and so on.

there are *over a dozen* examples so this is very very easy.

* FOSDEM 2021 - just plain beamer

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=libreriscv.git;a=blob;f=conferences/fosdem2021/fosdem2021_libresoc.tex;hb=HEAD

* IIT Rourkee 2021 - includes an image (PNG)

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=libreriscv.git;a=blob;f=conferences/iit_roorkee_2021/iit_roorkee_2021.tex;hb=HEAD

create yourself a subdirectory under the fosdem2024 directory
to keep it "clean".

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=libreriscv.git;a=tree;f=conferences/fosdem2024;hb=HEAD

btw iam serious about the PDF resolution: *absolute maximum*
resolution is 1280x800, preferably 800x600. the content
must be clearly visible from the *back of the room*
(over 10 metres) on what is only a relatively small
(2 metre) projector.

1920 or even 1440 is *not* going to be readable.

geometry: without it life is pointless
the fibonacci series: easy as 1 1 2 3