[Libre-soc-dev] The Libre-SOC project and how it uses GNU Binutils

Tobias Platen libre-soc at platen-software.de
Thu Apr 27 16:46:02 BST 2023

Like 2017 I will participate in this years GNU Hackers Meeting.

I plan to do a short talk about a project that I contribute to:
It is called Libre-SOCĀ and it is extending GNU Binutils[1] to
support SVP64, a Cray-style Instruction Vectorisation for IBM's
well known POWER ISA. None of the AMD GPUs that most Talos II usersĀ
own is FSF-certified to Respect Your Freedom[2], most of them need
non-free binary blobs. The hybrid CPU, VPU and GPU[3] developed by
the Libre-SOC project has the potential to change that.

[1] https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=binutils-gdb.git;a=summary
[2] https://ryf.fsf.org/news/raptor-talos-announcement
[3] https://libre-soc.org/3d_gpu/

Tobias Platen