[Libre-soc-dev] proposal of change of register name convention in SVP64

Dmitry Selyutin ghostmansd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:09:21 BST 2022

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 2:37 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton via
Libre-soc-dev <libre-soc-dev at lists.libre-soc.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 6:58 AM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:
> yes, really, it will be possible to prefix VSX registers.
>
>     v.v.0

This reminds me about "long long" and the recurring joke that in the
next revision of the standard they will have "long long long".

> hence the suggestions "v:" as the prefix because ":" is
> unused (and not a mathematical operator, either)
>
>     v:v.0
>
> would be a legitimate and unambiguous name.

Fine with me. As for scalars, I suggest avoiding the same "s:" prefix,
and only mark vectors. Let me know what you think.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Selyutin