[Libre-soc-dev] SimdSignal library

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Sep 30 18:35:08 BST 2021

i have just completed the unit test for PartitionedSignal.__Assign__
with SIMD signals as input: i will also have scalar Signals as input,
shortly.

this brings completion of PartitionedSignal up to around 92-95%.

starting an entirely new from-scratch library that abandons 5 months
of existing work *before it is completed* is extremely unwise, and
likely to jeapordise our chances of success.

1) there is no budget available
2) there is no time available
3) the new library's completion time which requires assessing
    the time to complete the library itself, Formal Correctness
    Proofs *and* unit tests, has NOT been done

it is therefore extremely risky to the entire project to add a completely
unknown timescale to the project *before* having completed an
*existing* design.

if word gets out that this is what we are doing - repeatedly - it could easily
jeapordise future funding requests.

please jacob can you please, for goodness sake, stop what you are doing
and urgently, urgently, urgently help complete the *existing* design.

if you continue along this path of re-inventing work before the existing
work has been completed you are in danger of jeapordising the entire
project.

sorry to have to spell this out, but it is a repeat pattern that you create
things without fully assessing the timescale and cost, because it is
beyond your current experience to do so.