[Libre-soc-dev] mp3 changes

Lauri Kasanen cand at gmx.com
Fri May 28 12:10:09 BST 2021

On Fri, 28 May 2021 13:55:33 +0300
Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> > > There may be something more, perhaps FPSCR etc. I'm currently
> > > investigating why int instrs work fine but float regs just stay zeroes.

Seems to be a bug in KVM. If I disable single-stepping, the mem dumps
are good. That doesn't help fixing pypowersim's float instrs, though.

Good: the dumps are byte-exact to x86s. Not even 1-bit diffs.
Good: kvm-minippc is quite fast, even in single-step mode it's about
36k instrs/s, didn't even try to measure non-singlestep.

- Lauri