[Libre-soc-dev] Attempt to run baselines: error

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed May 26 14:30:17 BST 2021

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 2:00 PM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 2021 14:01:54 +0100
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> > i can provide you a login on the raptor-sponsored Talos-II workstation if
> > that helps?
> > let me know a username, i already have an ssh key.
>
> On second thought, I may have use for it afterall. For the username,
> lauri is fine.

done, ssh -v -p922 lauri at talos1.libre-soc.org.  if you need sudo let me
know.

please do bear in mind it is a test machine, could be blown away at
any time.

> There is no reason for us to futz around with qemu.

mmm i prefer more options rather than less: there has always been
the plan to add as many different "runners" for co-simulation purposes
as can be found.  microwatt, power-gem5, even direct ssh into
POWER9 hardware...

I thought kvm can
> single step, and a quick check confirms this.

ah fantastic, which is perfect and exactly what i would love to see
happen.

It shouldn't take long
> for me to write a mini kvm app that runs the same bins as the python
> simulator, with the same args, and optionally outputs a full trace.

ah ha! perfect as a mini project (with its own repo). would you be
happy to push it to git.libre-soc.org?

> From there it's a text comparison, after you add the same output to
> the python sim. No python interface like what you did with qemu.

yeyeh, that's how i did microwatt-v-libresoc when running the microwatt
unit tests under verilator; used verilog $display to dump reads, writes,
regfiles, PC, MSR and CR, for each, and did "diff -u" on the results.

i've got it semi-running, i can see it being useful so am going to proceed
in parallel with what you're doing.