[Libre-soc-dev] video assembler

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 10 15:35:23 BST 2021

On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 3:12 PM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 2021 14:06:23 +0100
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> > the python simulator is the key at the moment.  bear in mind, if you need
> > elwidth emulation i need to add that, then saturation can be added on top.
> >
> > it currently successfully does loops, predication, and zeroing.
>
> The file you linked earlier just executes a single or a couple instrs
> and compares state.

yes.  by seeing what is in memory and registers after execution.

> Is it able to run an actual binary,

yes.

> with input, output

only by pre-prearing the registers and memory (as the "input") then
extracting those afterwards, and reviewing the registers (and memory)
afterwards.

very similar to gdb.

> and file access?

file access? no.  this is absolute basic "bare metal".  concepts like
"files" require vast and i do mean vast amounts of infrastructure.

the best we can do right now is at the level of gdb "$print".  or equivalent.