[Libre-soc-dev] video assembler

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon May 10 14:06:23 BST 2021

On Monday, May 10, 2021, Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:

> What is the state of these simulators? Are they complete,
> cycle-accurate, reporting the executed cycles?

yes.

the python one is cycle accurate one-for-one.  the hardware one is a proof
of concept FSM with *below* a 0.1 IPC.

(we get to sort that out with more time, people, and funding).

the python simulator is the key at the moment.  bear in mind, if you need
elwidth emulation i need to add that, then saturation can be added on top.

it currently successfully does loops, predication, and zeroing.