[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 08may2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 8 18:36:05 BST 2021

On Sat, May 8, 2021 at 5:54 PM Tobias Platen
<libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:

> today: having a look at microwatt/dcache.vhdl

you'll see i moved LoadStore1.py to soc.fu.mmu.loadstore.

we need to start adding in the FSM part of loadstore1.vhdl into
LoadStore1.  this will basically be "on incoming LD first send it to
dcache, if error send it to MMU".

however i am recommending working off of *this* version
https://github.com/antonblanchard/microwatt/blob/f636bb7c3999d9326a2bd1c6131fc128be2cae24/loadstore1.vhdl

because the newer versions have been pipelined and are much harder to read.

we *only* handle the FSM - the part that does
dcache-request-then-mmu-request because it is the LDSTCompUnit that
handles alignment, etc. etc.