[Libre-soc-dev] GitLab-CI fixes

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Tue May 4 17:50:52 BST 2021

Hi,

Formalities first: I'm Jonathan, I've been on the tuesday call for a few
weeks. I accept the Libre-SOC charter.

After recent discussions about the lack of CI, I spent some time bringing
the GitLab-CI configuration in soc.git back in shape. My work can be found at:

	https://gitlab.com/neuschaefer/soc.git ci

Short log up to commit 95c8acbdce34ed94010333deea93bedb0a32fffa:

Jonathan Neuschäfer (10):
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Rewrite git://git.libre-riscv.org URLs to https://git.libre-soc.org/
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Remove tags from nmigen-soc repo
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Install Rust and cargo
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Clone and build openpower-isa
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Clone and build c4m-jtag
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Clone and build power-instruction-analyzer
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Fix invocation of pywriter
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Trim log output
      .gitlab-ci.yml: Silence pywriter harder
      minerva tests: Don't import soc.minerva.csr

With these patches, the tests can run again. Many tests still fail or
run into errors (Python module not found, mostly; details attached), but
I think it's a good start.

I know that libre-soc.org won't switch to GitLab[1], and it doesn't have
to: A GitLab(-CI) instance can be run alongside git.libre-soc.org by
anyone who wants to spend the time/effort/money. I tested on gitlab.com
(until I ran out of my monthly free allowance of 300 minutes) and a
private GitLab instance.

Jonathan

[1]: https://libre-soc.org/HDL_workflow/#index6h2