[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 17mar2021

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Mar 18 06:20:59 GMT 2021

On Thursday, March 18, 2021, Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today:
> working on simplev-cpp
> cleaned up csv files so all files have their opcode fields in binary
> with a 0b... prefix -- all CSV files are now parsed in opint=True
> mode, which is now required. This will allow easier removal of the
> Subdecoder.opint field since it now doesn't do anything useful.

it keeps the files in line with microwatt so that the output from
sv_analysis.py when generating a VHDL file is identical in format.

also that prevents major opcodes from being readable.

i did say that there are multiple purposes to the CSV files and this change
will now unfortunately need to be reverted.

unfortunately we cannot do things because they make "things cleaner" or
"look better", there are a half dozen different uses for these files and
that is set to increase.