[Libre-soc-dev] Unexpected clock connexions.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Jun 3 14:55:59 BST 2021

* all parts of TestIssuerInternal run at PLL CLOCK
* SYS_RST goes **IN** to DMI/JTAG
* DBG_RST comes **OUT* of DMI/JTAG and goes **IN** to ALL other parts of
TestIssuerInternal.

if this is not done we cannot properly run unit tests, the only way to
reset the core
will be via a hard reset, which will hard reset even the DEBUG interface.

the DEBUG interface is the *ONLY WAY* to upload to the SRAM and DFF memory.
a hard reset would overwrite that and we cannot use JTAG to upload programs.

if we cannot upload programs *we cannot test the core*.

so it is pretty much essential: whereas having the Core and other components
run at PLL_CLK is *not essential*.

l.