[Libre-soc-dev] qemu cosimulation

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 1 06:39:22 BST 2021

down the rabbithole i now have FP register set/get via splutter VSX
registers gdb machine-interface of all things.

this allows me to do some direct initialisation followed by some FP
adds, results of which can be extracted to confirm whether we have FP
arithmetic correct.

once the bitorder of arithmetic is correct it becomes possible to
confirm the load/store bit and byte order.

at that point the error from loading FPs in the MP3 CODEC can be
triaged at last.

patience excruciating slowness but necessary.

Lauri once i have this done and the standard test passing i will move
on to reduce mode which is the next piece of the puzzle for you to do
the MP3 loops.