[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 08jan2020

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat Jan 9 00:38:59 GMT 2021

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 8:39 PM Tobias Platen
<libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:

> today: thinking how to use the MMUFSMFunctionUnit with multiple LDSTFunctionUnits.

yyeah that's going to take a *lot* of thought and careful design, and
something we don't do lightly.  a striped batch of independent caches
is probably the most sensible thing, with each cache line Modulo N in
the LSBs of the address going to an alternative L1 cache.

that way at least we do not have the insanity of multi-ported SRAM for
the L1 caches.