[Libre-soc-dev] Coriolis2 status

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:50:17 GMT 2021

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 1:35 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:

> > Did the chip get laid out and the design files get sent to Euro
> > Practices shuttle in time for the december deadline?
>
> no
>

> > What is the situation with coriolis2?
>
> don't know.
>

> > What happened?
>
> jean paul had to stop.
>

> > Where are we now?
>
> meeting with Staf and Marie Minerve to discuss, thursday.

Thank you, now there is a record of this on our mailing list.

> > How do we deal with this and move forward?
>
> don't know yet.  i want to hear what is practical for Marie-Minerve, JP
> (who will not be in the meeting, we have no details so i cannot provide
> them) and Staf.

Understood.

> > The answer to the last question might necessitate creating bug report.
>
> indeed.  however we do not know the options yet or even what is or is not
> possible.

Yes, implied by the above note of the meeting.

> > I do not know as none of this has been communicated on-list.
>
> sorry, lots going on and i am only awake for half the day.

I appreciate this, and understand.

> > If we want to catch up and meet our stated goals and deadlines you
> > need to return to communicating on-list.
>
> i've been focussing on SV and on meetings to get Execs.  and currently wake
> up somewhere around 2-3pm each day.

I understand.

> > It is also part of our
> > transparency requirements per our NLNET grant funding.
>
> the meeting has not taken place with Sorbonne University and Staf so i know
> nothing.  i did however call Michiel to let him know, straight away.

Understood. It was my understanding that our transparency requirements
meant that this should be on the mailing list as well for transparency
to our future customers not just NLNET. I appreciate your
circumstances make it exceedingly difficult to context-switch to
provide these kinds of updates, however, they are still necessary. Can
you do a bi weekly or monthly status update of no more than 3
sentences? That would be very minimal effort but would suffice to
provide a record of this stuff on the mailing list.

Cole