[Libre-soc-dev] hunting around to connect up the dcache / mmu

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Apr 27 17:18:21 BST 2021

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 4:19 PM Tobias Platen
<libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:

> Likewise I am going to read the source code, including the changes from
> the last week, today.

it's all a bit convoluted to be honest :)

> I once had a short look into Minerva's Load-Store
> interface half a year ago.

yehyeh.  here's where it all "pulls together", from PSpec
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=src/soc/config/loadstore.py;hb=HEAD

so you set the ldst_ifacetype in the PSpec, and the "type" of
LoadStoreUnit is instantiated (factory-style) there.

of course, DCache doesn't currently *conform* to the Minerva
LoadStoreInterface *sigh*

plus, LoadStore1 has not been hooked up to PortInterface yet:
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=src/soc/fu/mmu/fsm.py;h=3eea39cbbb43340eb857f8346c66c0fe1b3de1f9;hb=e3b3ef9935f000d0a65fa130c0b4c3e3b50f1601#l24