[Libre-soc-dev] Update on Coriolis & LS180.

Jean-Paul Chaput Jean-Paul.Chaput at lip6.fr
Sat Apr 24 16:28:40 BST 2021

> you're probably not updating the submodules, but have instead manually
> checked out freepdk-c4m45 *outside* of the soclayout repository, at
> the directory level *below* soclayout.
>
> freepdk-c4m45 is already included in the submodules for soclayout:
> https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soclayout.git;a=blob;f=.gitmodules;hb=HEAD
>
>    1 [submodule "pinmux"]
>    2     path = pinmux
>    3     url = https://git.libre-soc.org/git/pinmux.git
>    4 [submodule "c4m-pdk-freepdk45"]
>    5         path = c4m-pdk-freepdk45
>    6         url = https://gitlab.com/Chips4Makers/c4m-pdk-freepdk45.git
>    7         branch = released-libresoc
>
> and you can see it cross-references the required branch.  so that you
> do not have to perform a manual intervention step.
>
> however to get those included you *must* run "git submodule update
> --init --remote", which is why it is included in every one of the
> "build_*.sh" scripts:
> https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soclayout.git;a=blob;f=experiments9/build_full.sh;hb=HEAD

  To be sure, I've re-checkout the repository and run
  build_full.sh, still not working. However I didn't exactly
  follow the procedure, so I will do it again strictly sticking
  to what's on the LibreSOC website to be absolutely certain.

  That said, when I look at all the build.sh, There something
  I don't understand : the git command has to be run in the
  top of the repository, but the subsequent commands needs
  to be run in the script's directory. What am I missing here?