[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 11sep2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 23:09:57 BST 2020

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 2:31 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> you'll find all sorts of silly things, colons and brackets missing,
> variables musspelled etc etc. it just takes time.

It's rather meditative, *musspelled* hehe ;)

> dcache load actually works btw including hit.

Wow! Already?!

> must try to do some LDs that can cause an evict.

Are there separate non-evicting and evicting load instructions in
OPv3.0? Sorry, no experience of knowledge in this area.

> "big" test is of course to do a large random suite of LD/STs but ST is
> broken at the moment will carry on investigating tomorrow.

Cool. I'm interested to find out why LD is working but ST is not.

> then once that works mmu can be tested and debugged.

Wow, didn't expect this to happen this fast. I'm assuming that this is
with the highly inefficient arrays of arrays indexing? What is your
suggested strategy wrt that? Get dcache, icache, and mmu working
first, then start optimizing for size of the ilang file/code
complexity?

Cole