[Libre-soc-dev] OpenPOWER Summit NA 2020 I See you soon!

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Sep 11 00:22:11 BST 2020

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 11:34 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 12:13 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >
> > (do remember to trim context, cole)
>
> Trying, still learning where to draw the line.

hint: if people have to scroll down 5 pages and for those entire 5
pages they only see a copy of something they - or someone else - just
posted only 10 minutes ago, then that's going to irritate them, isn't
it?

> > the trick in this case (the processor) is going to be to reach a technical
> > level sufficient for the priducts they go into to be "on par" with the
> > alternatives by ARM, Intel, Apple and so on.
>
> Indeed. Although the projected performance numbers for our Fall 2022
> 28nm quad-core 720p 3d games and 720p video chip at only 4mm^2 and $4
> give me a lot of hope that we will be able to achieve this long-term.

it's a deliberately low target, we already established that the FP32
GFLOPs is going to be 4x what was originally projected.

just have to see.