[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 10oct2020

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 23:49:03 BST 2020

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 3:14 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
<lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 10:59 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > getopt.  focus on that.
> >
> > Ok. Do this first, or work on jtag test inversion first?
>
> getopt.

Okie dokes.

> > > ah that's good news.  although i was expecting it to be programmable
> > > over a UART (FT232).
> >
> > 99.99% sure it is!
>
> then why are you programming the ULX3S over JTAG, if the normal way is
> to program it over its USB-UART?  veery puzzled.

...? Because I don't know anything about this let alone what the
'normal way' is... I know, I am very puzzling :)

> > ```
> > file "ft231x.ocd"
> > Is this what you're talking about?
>
> not at all :)  i have no idea what you're talking about or asking.

I thought UART(FT232) was used with open ocd in that file given all
the line: `interface ft232r` and all of the other references to ft232
in that .ocd file. I don't know anything about any of this so I'm just
flailing around blindly, you'll have to work with me and my total and
utter ignorance here.

Cole