[Libre-soc-dev] c4m-JTAG dependency issues

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Oct 9 22:27:45 BST 2020

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 10:24 PM Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> > if you want to get that ulx3s working,
>
> Yes, but what should I do after this to test something useful for our
> tapeout deadline?

have a look at the versa_ecp5.py file and, if it still builds, ask on
#litex or experiment on adapting it to the ulx3s platform.  it *might*
be as simple as changing "VERSAECP5" to "ULX3S".  i don't know because
i've not investigated it yet.

> By "run the platform command" do you mean `$ litex_simple
> litex.boards.platforms.ulx3s` It builds but doesn't upload anything.
> If you could just specify the explicit platform command you're
> referring to I could get going that much faster.

i don't know it.  that's why i said, "go get onto #litex and ask them".

*vaguely* from memory - and the "litex_simple --help" command should
tell you if this is possible - you *might* have to specify "--load".