[Libre-soc-dev] ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'soc.decoder.isa.all'

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Oct 8 22:13:38 BST 2020

On 10/8/20, Tobias Platen <libre-soc at platen-software.de> wrote:
> I think i've forgotten something, but I don't remember what.
> To test I've run:
>
> cd soc
> make gitupdate
> python3 setup.py develop
> python src/soc/decoder/pseudo/pywriter.py
> cd src/soc/fu/mmu/test
> python3 test_pipe_caller.py

hmm looks reasonable to mr

> Then I get the following error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "test_pipe_caller.py", line 15, in <module>
>     from soc.decoder.isa.all import ISA
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'soc.decoder.isa.all'

that's odd.  creating src/soc/decoder/isa/all.py is one of the jobs of
pywriter.py.

check that directory and also check the output of pywriter.py (stderr,
or use nohup)

https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=Makefile;hb=HEAD

you should probably be using "make install" like in the README because
it now also makes the pinmux.

i will check it, gimme 10mins.