[Libre-soc-dev] question about LRU implementation

whygee at f-cpu.org whygee at f-cpu.org
Wed Oct 7 05:46:57 BST 2020

On 2020-10-07 06:32, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> yg look for txt file, contains intel algorithm on how to build ROM
> tree.
https://git.libre-soc.org/?p=soc.git;a=blob;f=src/unused/TLB/ariane/p_lru.txt;hb=HEAD

hah hah, I was thinking about a similar/equivalent method less than 1h
ago :-D
It elegantly combines two of my ideas, and indeed it looks like a good
basis,
but rough estimates show it's difficult to scale to more bins, which is
what
I'm trying to solve. A smaller ROM in exchange for a slightly less exact
solution
would be interesting for data cache for example.

Thanks for you time folks ;-)

> l.
yg