[Libre-soc-dev] question about LRU implementation

whygee at f-cpu.org whygee at f-cpu.org
Wed Oct 7 05:25:47 BST 2020

On 2020-10-07 06:06, Jacob Lifshay wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 9:02 PM <whygee at f-cpu.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2020-10-07 05:56, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> > luckily for you however i did a comparative analysis of PLRU
>> > algorithms based it has to be said on near zero knowledge and you can
>> > find it on the openpower hdl cores archive.
>>
>> Do you have any URL ?

OH, now it's back on my mind,
http://lists.mailinglist.openpowerfoundation.org/pipermail/openpower-hdl-cores/2020-September/000184.html
was also posted to the list, I read it and it got stuck somewhere in a
corner of my mind...
I greatly appreciate Luke's approach and his avoidance of NIH.
However his description of a replacement algorithm somehow collided with
one of my
research subjects and I sense there is something to do, or at least
learn from.
Particularly because I've been trying to avoid this thorny subject for 2
decades now ;-)

> Jacob
yg