[Libre-soc-dev] Power-instruction-analyzer version issues

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 00:01:48 BST 2020

> --- Comment #4 from Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> ---
> btw i get this from pia, i did a git pull on salsa just now, nothing pushed
> recently?
>     return pia.InstructionInput(ra=inp["ra"], rb=inp["rb"], overflow=overflow)
> TypeError: PyInstructionInput.__new__() missing required positional argument:
> rc

You appear to have an old version of power-instruction-analyzer stuck
somewhere. Try completely uninstalling it (make sure python can't
import it) then running `git clean -dxi` to remove all the built
files, then building it and installing it again. On my system with the
latest version of power-instruction-analyzer, I get:

(libre-riscv-venv) jacob at jacob-desktop:~$ python
Python 3.8.0 (default, Oct 28 2019, 16:14:01)
[GCC 8.3.0] on linux
>>> import power_instruction_analyzer as pia
>>> overflow = pia.OverflowFlags(so=False,ov=False,ov32=False)
>>> pia.InstructionInput(ra=1, rb=2, overflow=overflow)
InstructionInput(ra=1, rb=2, rc=None, carry=None,
overflow=OverflowFlags(so=False, ov=False, ov32=False))

Jacob Lifshay