[Libre-soc-dev] activity log
oliva at gnu.org
Sat Nov 28 23:48:13 GMT 2020
Since I joined the project, I started maintaining a ChangeLog-like file
with my notes, thoughts, and accomplishments, as I do for several of my
other of my activities.
It will grow over time. I wonder if it would make sense to place it
somewhere in the wiki. If so, any tips as to how to format it so that
it looks decent there, assuming a plain-text ChangeLog file wouldn't?
* 532: Implemented a skeleton for compression ratio estimation,
initially with the simpler mode switching of the 8-bit nop,
odd-address 16-bit insns. Next, rewrite it for all the complexity
of mode switching envisioned for the "attempt 1" proposal. (2:02)
* 238: Debating various possibilities of 16-bit encoding. (5:20)
* 532: Wrote a histogram python script, that breaks counts down
per opcode, and within them, by operands. (2:05)
* 529: Brought up the possibilities of using 8-bit nops to switch
between modes, so that 16-bit insns would be at odd addresses, so
that we could use the full 16-bits; of using 2-operand insns
instead of 3- for 16-bit mode so as to increase the coverage of
the compact encoding.
* 238: Luke moved the comment above here, where it belonged.
* 529: Elaborated how using actual odd-addresses for 16-bit insns
would be dealt with WRT endianness. Prompted by luke, added it to
* Wiki: Added self to team. (11:50)
* 532: Wrote patch for binutils to print insn histogram.
* Mission: Restated the proposal of adding "and users" to the
mission statement, next to customers, as those we wish to enable
to trust our products. (6:48)
Reposted join message to the correct list.
* 238: Started looking into it, from
Alexandre Oliva, happy hacker https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo/
Free Software Activist GNU Toolchain Engineer
Vim, Vi, Voltei pro Emacs -- GNUlius Caesar
More information about the Libre-soc-dev