[Libre-soc-dev] efficient decoding algorithm for variable-length instructions

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 21:40:25 GMT 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 1:20 PM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net>

> here's what i propose, that we give it until... sunday to go over this
> and match up these reg-profiles with "old" SV Prefix formats, and see
> if they're still relevant.  if by that time we determine that there's
> only say a 20% match and the other 80% are "just never going to work"
> i'd say that yes, very reluctantly, we would be forced into a position
> of chucking even what little there is that could be hoped to be
> salvaged from SV on RISC-V.
> sound good?

Obviously that's a question for Jacob to answer, but I want to chime in and
remind you that the three of us are going over this on jitsi tomorrow, so
there will be further, much lower latency discussion of this prior to


More information about the Libre-soc-dev mailing list