[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 09nov2020

Jacob Lifshay programmerjake at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 01:27:14 GMT 2020

today:
spent most of the day working on the microarchitectural table generator,
ended up in C++ template hell while trying to get static dispatch to work
well, since it can easily run several times faster and avoids tons of small
allocations. I've decided to instead switch to using dynamic dispatch and
memory allocation for just about everything, lets hope that works out :(

I miss Rust's traits and really powerful AST pattern-based macros (to speak
nothing of proc-macros), C++ macros are like using sed and wondering why
everything breaks when you try to parse json.