[Libre-soc-dev] Introduction - Elle

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Jun 16 01:08:00 BST 2020

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 11:52 PM Jacob Lifshay <programmerjake at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2020, 13:35 Elle Poirier <ellepoirier1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > My name is Elle poirier and I am a graphic designer, and also Cole
> > Poirier's sister! I am interested in helping with the documentation of the
> > project, specifically translating Luke's hand drawn diagrams into very
> > clean and legible SVGs.

_great_.  we did consider at one point actually doing them as online
circuits, which people could click on and play with.

 however... just plain SVGs as long as they are clear, use colour
purposefully and consistently, and (importantly) can be edited by
Inkscape (Cole can check that), this would be fantastic.

> > I have read the charter and I agree to abide by it.
> >

> glad to have more people helping out!
>
> If you're interested, maybe you could also help improve the website design,
> since I'm sure there are issues somewhere.

mostly it is organisation (re-organisation).  splitting long pages,
particularly the 6600scoreboard one, into small sections, this would
be very handy.

> We need to also figure out how much to pay you and where the money is
> coming from, Luke can help figure it out

the new EUR 6,000 "Documentation" budget will help here.  it's not a
massive amount, we really should put in an actual NLNet Grant request
for a proper budget.