[Libre-soc-dev] 3d gpu business plan
Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Dec 28 13:20:32 GMT 2020
crowd-funded eco-conscious hardware: https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68
On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 7:33 AM Lauri Kasanen <cand at gmx.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 14:23:04 +0000
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> > https://libre-soc.org/business_plan/
> Typos: "leveraging abd", "commumity"
> The critical question an investor will ask is "what prevents another
> company from taking the designs, selling them for 0.5% cheaper and thus
> taking all the market".
1) our expertise
2) the amount of time it will take to get a competitor up to speed.
3) if they don't work with us, work with the OpenPOWER Foundation,
guarantees that they'll take 2-4 years longer.
4) the RISC-V Foundation's Membership list shows precisely that
competitors in exactly the same markets can work together without
destroying each other.
5) the work's incomplete: the 3D drivers aren't available. this is a
*massive* task that involves collaboration, not competition.
6) the relationships with Pine64, Purism etc.
the list goes on and on.
> > anyone who would like to be part of the commercial company please say so.
> I'm interested.
star. added you to TODO list.
More information about the Libre-soc-dev