[Libre-soc-dev] Hardware-accelerated specialized instructions

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Dec 10 23:17:03 GMT 2020

On 12/10/20, Cole Poirier <colepoirier at gmail.com> wrote:

> That is what was meant by the next sentence:
> “This is where the simulation and analysis of resource contention from
> simulating real-world use cases like H.264 or Vorbis encoding/decoding is
> essential.”

indeed.

unfortunately we need to get a hell of a long way down the line
(binutils and full simulator *and* implementations of each and every
algorithm) before such assessments can be made.

which is why i put in NLnet grant requests with rather large amounts
covering the iterative redesign process that will be necessary.