[Libre-soc-dev] daily kan-ban update 29aug2020
cestrauss at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 16:09:24 BST 2020
* Implemented a mini-language for generating stylish GTKWave documents
* Tested the proposed fix for a cxxsim bug.
The race condition remains, but I managed to narrow down the test case
* Took a look at cxxrtl, cxxsim and pysim, to see if I could find anything.
The C++ side is easy enough to understand, overall. Have come to
appreciate the complexity of the Python side.
* Move the GTKWave implementation to nmutil.gtkw
* Document its build dependencies
* Write a tutorial
Next (as time permits):
* Interested in writing a formal proof for
src/soc/experiment/alu_fsm.py, to acquire some experience.
* Add GTKWave documents to:
* Write parallel unit tests for test_compalu_multi.py and
compldst_multi.py, from the experience already gained on alu_hier.py.
* Maybe, write a function to walk an nMigen top-level Module and output
a GTKWave document of its signals, colored by hierarchy.
More information about the Libre-soc-dev