[Libre-soc-dev] Loading Vulkan Driver

vivek pandya vivekvpandya at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 05:59:44 BST 2020

> (taking mesa-dev off list for this one)
>

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 4:43 PM vivek pandya <vivekvpandya at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have started building mesa Vulkan driver.
> > I have started by copying amd/vulkan driver however I have just kept only
> > one file in build
> > libresoc_pipeline.c
> > I have only one method
>
> vivek, just to reiterate: we need to have git repositories set up on
> git.libre-soc.org, and for that to work you need to send me that ssh
> public key so that i can give you write access to that repository.

I thought I would push code at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/vivekvpandya/mesa once code is doing
something meaningful as per plan. Currently code is very ungly because I
don't have enough experience about vulkan driver loaders etc. I have to
comment out manythings in code which does not seem relevant to the goal of
being able to execute drivers and fail at pipeline creation.
I will study more (it just takes a few grep commands, all I wanted was
quick help but I just got an explanation of the error that I already
understood :) .) .

> in this case: none of us (including people on mesa-dev) can guess what
> the answer to your question might be, because none of us have the
> source code, know which repository it is in, and so on.  (and, as this
> is a libre project, we need to be entirely self-hosting rather than
> using proprietary non-free services that fail the FSF's Criteria)

I can understand,  but if not developing on git.libre-soc.org is not good
(for grants) I am okay to give up any funding (if required I am happy to
give you any document for your evidence )
I am just exploring things at my own capacity and speed. :)