[libre-riscv-dev] Introduction and Questions

Yehowshua yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Fri May 15 20:24:03 BST 2020

> On May 15, 2020, at 3:15 PM, Jeremy Singher <thejsingher at gmail.com <mailto:thejsingher at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Lastly, have you guys talked to the university efforts to build
> open-source cores? I see links to the
> Shakti project on the site. Is this a collaboration with them? I
> thought they were doing RISC-V?
> There's also groups at ETH, Berkeley, and MIT pushing out their own
> application-class cores. How does
> this design compare to those?

This will be a full SOC with a GPU that supports Vulkan and eventually OpenGL and OpenCL.
AFAIK, there are no other full out GPU projects.

Yes - there has been some discussion with Shakti on Luke’s end and Shakti is informally aware of Libre-SOC.
I’m not sure as to the Curren’t state of Shakti - I think the project went quit e almost a year ago.

We had some unfortunate run-ins with Berkeley and RISCV - and we decided to go with POWER because we have access to some important relations at IBM

Yehowshua