[libre-riscv-dev] BlueSpec Floating Point

Immanuel, Yehowshua U yimmanuel3 at gatech.edu
Sun Mar 29 17:09:08 BST 2020

I have recently been playing with BlueSpec and they have some libraries for generating floating point that also come with some formal methods I think.

We should look into this as it might save some time for reconfigurable FP. Also, Bluespec compiler is now open source under a license that’s basically the BSD license, see here: https://github.com/B-Lang-org/bsc/blob/master/LICENSES/LICENSE.hbc

I’ve successfully built BSC on MacOS too, so its pretty flexible - not to mention fast.
We can take emitted BSC Verilog and perhaps convert it into nMigen once we’ve ran all the formal tests on the FP unit in BSV.

If you guys want - I can actually work on the FP unit in BSV and see how that goes.

Yehowshua