[libre-riscv-dev] Tests in soc/fu

Cole Poirier colepoirier at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:51:13 BST 2020

> On Jun 21, 2020, at 11:45 AM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>
> sigh whilst i love LMDB it is so low-level that we would be asking for
> trouble, becoming full-time bugzilla developers instead of SoC HDL
> developers.

Very fair... are we using SQLITE? If so I know that they have a version that’s much lighter weight that uses an augmented LMDB internally. If the libre-soc.org database has already been optimized to the greatest reasonable extent please let me know and I’ll stop brainstorming about the sql resource utilization.

> writing is done by writing to the git repository through the command
> "be".  a REST API on top of that - alongside appropriate permissions
> control - *may* produce what is required.
>
> it has the advantage of then being locally installable followed by a
> simple "git push" to sync up the bugs.  the modifications made by the
> command "be" to the database (in a subdirectory .be) are
> *deliberately* designed to be conflict-free by way of always using
> UUIDs (128-bit random IDs) for all files.  no deletions are ever
> carried out.

Ah! Very cool! In that case I will be investigating the be code base this week. Amongst many other things :)

Cole